KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A man was shocked and burned in a manhole on Friday afternoon near Bennington and Winner, and taken to a hospital with critical injuries.
Kansas City police say that officers and emergency crews responded to the scene just after 3 p.m. for a possible electrocution. They say that the victim was actually shocked while he was inside the manhole, and rushed to a hospital.
Crews remained on scene due to a report that there may have been a second man inside the manhole. So far, that man has yet to be found.
Police add that neither of them work at the plastic company at the property, and were not authorized to be in the manhole.
FOX 4 will provide updates as more details are released.