Click here to help Missourians impacted by tornadoes, severe storms
Stay Weather Aware Thursday

Nobody hurt, but propane tank proves to be nuisance at LionsGate golf course fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. -- Firefighters say they were able to extinguish a Wednesday afternoon fire in a maintenance shop at the Nicklaus Golf Club at LionsGate in about 20 minutes, but they had to keep pouring water on a tank venting propane.

A news release says crews arrived just before 1 p.m., and began fighting a fire emitting heavy smoke and flames, the propane tank continued to fuel it. Nobody was hurt, and they continued to monitor the propane to make sure it wasn't at a dangerous level after the fire was out.

The maintenance building is heavily damaged and the cause of the fire is under investigation.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.