KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- As we see the warm temperatures fade away, you may be looking for a dish to warm you up. General manager of Grimaldi's Pizzeria in Overland Park, 135th and Nall, visited Fox 4 Monday to share his recipe for buffalo chicken pizza. It's a perfect dish as the seasons change. Grimaldi's is participating in the "No Kid Hungry" fundraiser. The fundraiser runs through Sept. 30.
|Mozzarella, sliced||4 ounces||6 ounces||8 ounces|
|Buffalo Chicken||3 ounces||5.5 ounces||7 ounces|
|Frank’s Hot Sauce||1.5 ounces||2 ounces||3 ounces|
|Celery (cut)||1.5 ounces||2 ounces||2.5 ounces|
|Gorgonzola||1.5 ounces||2 ounces||2.5 ounces|
|Romano Spice Blend||1 tablespoon||2 tablespoons||2.5 tablespoons|
|Basil, fresh, torn||1 leaf||1 leaf||1 leaf|
- Dust both sides of the appropriate sized dough evenly with flour.
- Stretch and shape dough desired size
- Sprinkle pizza dough with flour thoroughly so dough does not stick.
- Place sized pizza dough on the baking stone/sheet
- Place sliced mozzarella around the dough. Leave ½ inch space around the outer edge for the crust.
- Place Buffalo Chicken, Gorgonzola and celery evenly over the pizza.
- Squeeze buffalo sauce on pizza in a circular motion around the edges then crisscross through the middle.
- Sprinkle Romano Spice Blend evenly over the entire pizza.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
- Cook in oven at 500 degrees until golden brown and crispy.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX 4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX 4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.