KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- If you plan to celebrate National English Muffin Day, don't just stop at topping it with butter. Jim Pittman with Black Tie Desserts shares his recipe for make-ahead muffin melts--a recipe from Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman.
- 12 wholeHard-boiled Eggs, Peeled And Chopped
- 2 cupsGrated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup(Real) Mayonnaise
- 12 slicesBacon, Fried And Crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon(heaping) Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoonGarlic Powder
- 3 dashesWorcestershire Sauce
- 6 wholeEnglish Muffins Split
Combine eggs with all other ingredients. Fold together gently. Cover and store in the fridge overnight.
Spread on English muffin halves, then broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly. (Don't set them too close to the heating element.)
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX 4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX 4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.