KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Summer is here and now is the time to help children build their self-confidence before they return to school.
Mental health expert Amanda Drescher stopped by the FOX4 studio Tuesday, June 19 to share tips on how to help children build resilience.
- Do your best to remain calm in the middle of a storm
- Give children options of how to handle strong feelings
- Help children learn the words to express their feelings
- Validate the difficult feelings children may have
- Give the child some time to regain calm
- Take perfection out of your expectation -- of them and of yourself
If you would like more information you can contact the Family Conservancy at (913) 342-1110.