Fried green tomatoes
- 3 Firm green tomatoes
- 1 Cup of flour
- 1 Cup of buttermilk
- Few dashes hot sauce (optional)
- 1 Cup of corn meal
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Wash, rinse, and pat dry the tomatoes.
- Slice off ends of tomatoes and discard .
- Slice each tomato into about 1/4-inch slices.
- Set up containers to dredge tomato slices.
- Pour flour, buttermilk (with optional hot sauce), and cornmeal into separate containers.
- Season flour and corn meal with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge each tomato slice first into the flour, then the buttermilk, then the cornmeal, removing any excess.
- Add about 1/2 inch oil into pan over medium heat.
- Fry until done and golden brown on both sides.
- Remove to a paper towel and let drain and salt again if needed while still hot.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX 4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX 4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.