1/4 ice cold water
3 tbsp gelatin
(let set for 5-10 minutes)2 cups cane sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup water
coat with cooking spray and the dust with a 1 part powdered sugar to 1 part corn starch mixture.
1) Mix gelatin and water and set aside.
2) Boil sugar mixture to 240 degrees Fahrenheit then pour it in the mixer with the gelatin and turn the mixer to speed 2 or 3, whichever yields less splatter. While the boil is getting up to temperature, prepare your mold for the marshmallow fluff.
3) Start the mixer at a 2 or 3 to incorporate and melt down the gelatin, then turn it on high speed to properly aerate. That's where the marshmallows get their body from!
- Run a de-humidifier when doing this to keep the marshmallows as fluffy as possible.
- Don't let yourself be distracted while you're making marshmallows.
- Letting the boil go too hot will result in the wrong consistency for your marshmallows.
- This is a sticky job. Keep a warm or at least damp rag nearby for prompt cleaning.
You can add oils to the boil to flavor your marshmallows. Secondly, you can make these into any shape you want.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.