Turkey Leg Confit recipe:
4 large turkey legs
2 tbsp. kosher salt
2 tsp. pink curing salt
9 tbsp. brown sugar
4 c. water
1. Combine the ingredients, except the bacon fat, in a saucepan and heat briefly to dissolve the spices.
2. Combine the brine and the turkey legs in a clean plastic storage container to marinate for 24 hours.
3. After 24 hours, remove from the marinade and place in any deep pot that will accommodate them.
4. Pour the bacon fat over the top of the legs, enough to cover the meat.
5. Cover and bake in the oven at 275°F for about 3 hours.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.