Chicken Picatta recipe
Yield: 2 servings
2 6-oz. chicken breasts, pounded out and cut into 3 oz. medallions
seasoned flour – flour, salt, white pepper
1/2 c. white wine
1 1/2 c. chicken stock
3 tbsp. butter
1. Pre-heat skillet and add olive oil
2. Dredge prepared chicken medallions into the seasoned flour
3. Add chicken to the hot skillet with oil, brown on both sides
4. Pull the chicken once it is cooked half way through
5. Add white wine to deglaze the pan and reduce
6. Add chicken stock, butter and chicken to the pan to finish cooking the chicken
7. Reduce the sauce by half while the chicken is cooking
8. Once the sauce is reduced and chicken is cooked all the way through, pull the chicken and add
two handfuls of spinach and sauté until the spinach is wilted.
9. Serve the chicken on top of a bed of mashed potatoes and pour the sauce and spinach over the top.
10. Garnish with a thin slice of lemon
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.