2 slices whole grain, sourdough, or rye bread
1 ripe avocado
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 tomato slices
4 basil leaves
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Toast the bread until brown and crisp.
2. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
3. Add salt and pepper, then mash with a fork until mixed thoroughly.
4. Rub one side of each slice of bread with the cut side of the garlic until well coated and fragrant.
5. Brush the toasts with olive oil.
6. Divide the mashed avocado evenly among the toast.
7. Top toast with two basil leaves and two tomato slices, in that order.
8. Drizzle balsamic vinegar on top.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.