Fire department confirms house fire caused by fireworks

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — KCFD were called to a house fire near 34th and Bales early this morning.  When they arrived they found the home engulfed in flames.  The 72-year-old resident was able to get out of the house unharmed, while firefighters began the battle to save his home.  Despite their best efforts, the firefighters were ordered out of the building, due to concerns of collapse of the house.

Two firemen were taken to the hospital to check out their minor injuries but are expected to be okay.  The house is a total loss and investigators have confirmed that fireworks were the cause of this house fire.

KCFD have responded to five calls regarding fireworks overnight.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.