MoDOT to shut down more than a dozen ramps this weekend near downtown KC loop
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A heads up for drivers: 14 different closures will make the downtown loop way more complicated than usual this weekend.
MoDOT will spend the weekend doing multiple projects on and around the Buck O’Neil Bridge, planning how they’ll eventually replace it. The bridge will stay open though.
The closures will begin at midnight Saturday until 11:30 p.m. Sunday.
If you’re taking I-70 through the south side of the loop, by Sprint Center, you’ll be fine. But the difficulty will be getting from the north side of the loop onto the east and west sides.
While crews have the ramps listed below closed, they’ll be taking advantage and getting some more work done. It’s a combination of site work, ground testing, joint replacement, tree and brush cleanup, along with removing some graffiti.
There is a small window for crews to work– almost 48 hours. So be warned and be prepared.
This is a list of the ramps and roads impacted by this project.
Southbound I-35 Closures
- Ramp from WB I-70 to SB I-35
- Ramp from 5th St./Independence Ave. to SB I-35
- Ramp from EB I-70 to SB I-35
- Ramp from SB I-35 to 12th St.
- Ramp from SB I-35 to EB I-670
Northbound I-35 Closures
- NB I-35 closure at I-670 Interchange
- Ramp from WB I-670 to NB I-35
- Ramp from 12th St. to NB I-35
- Ramp from NB I-35 to Buck O’Neil Bridge (169 Highway)
- SB I-35/WB I-70 closure at SB 71 Highway (NE corner)
- Ramp from NB 71 Highway to SB I-35/westbound I-70
- Loop ramp from Independence Ave. to SB I-35/WB I-70
- Ramp from SB Route 9 to SB I-35/WB I-70
- Ramp from SB I-35/WB I-70 to WB Independence Ave.