KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A popular KC-based ice cream shop may have served its last scoop.
Betty Rae’s Ice Cream, which opened its first location in the Waldo neighborhood five years ago, had hoped to reopen in time for Kansas City Restaurant Week. Now, it’s not sure if, or when, it will reopen.
The small business is hoping to get Paycheck Protection Program funding. But for now, the margins are too tight to make payroll, so it’s remaining closed, an Instagram post said.
“Hopefully, we’ll be able to serve you ice cream again, but it won’t be in the near future,” Betty Rae’s said on Instagram.
- Missouri’s COVID-19 count doesn’t include antigen tests, skewing cases reported
- Biden signs executive order to temporarily boost food assistance benefits
- Chiefs fan from Overland Park shows off 17 seasons’ worth of game tickets
- Winning numbers announced for $1 billion Mega Millions lottery jackpot
- FOX4 Forecast: Quiet start to the weekend