KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The first Whataburger in Kansas City’s Northland has officially opened.
The location is owned by franchise KMO Burger, which Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes has invested in.
KMO also recently opened a new location last fall near 112th Street and Nall Avenue in Overland Park, Kansas, and has another location near the Legends in Kansas City, Kansas. The franchise said it plans to open 30 Whataburger restaurants in the next seven years.
Another location is expected to open soon at 95th Street and Metcalf Avenue in Overland Park. Whataburger has not provided a specific opening date at this time.
Here are a few other locations previously announced, all slated for 2023 openings:
- 7791 W. 159th St., Overland Park, Kansas
- I-435 and Bannister Road, Kansas City, Missouri
- 14123 W. 135th St., Olathe, Kansas
- Highway 45 and Highway 9, Parkville, Missouri
- Highway 152 and N. Booth Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri
- 8851 N. Ambassador Drive, Kansas City, Missouri
When all these sites are complete, the Kansas City area will have over a dozen Whataburger locations. The company has said it plans to hire hundreds of people to work at the new Kansas City-area locations.