Cision PR Newswire
This Week in Health News: 10 Stories You Need to See
News provided byPR Newswire
May 26, 2023, 7:32 AM ET
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy health industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a Lupus awareness campaign for Black and Hispanic women.
NEW YORK, May 26, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the healthcare industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Lupus Awareness Campaign Empowers Black/African American and Hispanic/Latina Women to Stop Ignoring Symptoms That Could Be Lupus-Related
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease where the immune system can't tell the difference between healthy tissues and foreign invaders. This can cause pain, inflammation and tissue damage to any organ in the body, and it impacts each person differently making it difficult to diagnose.
- Artificial Intelligence from ScreenPoint Medical and Volpara Health Demonstrates Ability to Predict Long-Term Breast Cancer Risk
"Breast density is a critical factor in assessing breast cancer risk, and an objective, volumetric measurement of density is pivotal. Through the power of AI, we can uncover valuable insights that help clinicians identify individuals at risk for cancer and tailor personalized screening and prevention strategies," said Ralph Highnam, PhD, Chief Science and Innovation Officer, Volpara Health.
- HandsFree Health Announces Personal Emergency Response Speaker
Dan Messina, President of HandsFree Health, said, "Our PERS speaker reflects HandsFree Health's commitment to providing leading technology for caregivers and older adults, to make managing their health and safety easier by utilizing WellBe's digital voice platform and compatible medical alert devices."
- Free Menopause Symptom Checklist Helps Women Identify and Track Menopausal Symptoms
"Many people know that hot flashes are a symptom of menopause, but most don't know that there are more than 30 symptoms that a woman might experience during the menopausal transition," said Claire Gill, founder, The National Menopause Foundation.
- GNC Unveils Wellness Tracking Feature in Mobile App as Part of Company's Health and Wellness Capabilities
Jenna O'Connor, Director, Loyalty Marketing, GNC, said, "Establishing healthy habits is the first step on any wellness journey and with this update consumers can set goals and record progress, so they can feel better from the inside out and earn loyalty cash back rewards at the same time. It's a win-win."
- The Leapfrog Group's 2023 Maternity Care Report Finds Increased Cesarean Delivery Rates During COVID-19 Pandemic
While hospitals are making significant improvements in reducing episiotomies and steadily reducing early elective deliveries, the average rate of Nulliparous, Term, Singleton, Vertex (NTSV) C-sections increased significantly during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mindpath Health releases Supporting Children with Anxiety: A Guide for Parents
Anxiety disorders can affect a child's overall well-being and daily functioning, and understanding how to support your child can make a difference in their ability to cope and thrive.
- Hulk Hogan Unveils New Wellness Brand After Stunning Transformation: "I Feel Like I'm 25 Again"
The product line will include functional mushrooms, CBD, and THC. He will serve as its Chief Brand Officer.
- Institute for Advancing Health Through Agriculture Awarded $2 Million in Funding to Support Social and Behavioral Healthy Living Research
The researchers' projects aim to improve physical activity and healthy eating habits while promoting positive youth development, especially in economically disadvantaged middle schools. Another project will look at how community cafes – non-profit restaurants that use a pay-what-you-can system – influence healthy diets and food security.
- Splenda® CEO Responds to the World Health Organization (WHO) Guidance on Non-Sugar Sweeteners
"Suggesting that sweeteners like Splenda cannot have long-term benefits is a disservice to healthcare providers, their patients, and all consumers. Splenda Brand sweeteners have been extensively tested to show they are safe and effective," said Ted Gelov, Chairman and CEO Splenda.
Read more of the latest health-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNhealth on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for BioLineRx.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at email@example.com.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-health-news-10-stories-you-need-to-see-301835242.html
SOURCE PR Newswire
NOTE: This content is not written by or endorsed by "WDAF", its advertisers, or Nexstar Media Inc.