UPDATE: As of Friday morning, June 26, Goodwill is at capacity and presently doesn’t have space for further sign-ups
The job hunt is going digital, so FOX4 and Goodwill are making it easier to find your next job with a free, virtual job fair Tuesday, June 30 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. via Zoom.
Sign up for the Power of Work job fair and you’ll not only get access to employers and job lists, but you’ll also get the training to rock an online job interview and easily navigate the technology online job hunting requires.
It is completely free to participate in the online event, and you can sign up now. If you don’t have a computer, internet or skills to apply, Goodwill will help you in-person.
The job fair includes access to a growing list of employers hiring for more than 500 open positions and more are being added every day.
Among the employers who have signed on are: Amazon, Garmin, Goodwill, Life Unlimited, FedEx Ground, Strip’s Chicken, Curry Real Estate, Meadowbrook Rehabilitation Hospital, North Kansas City Hospital, McKeever Enterprises, Johnson County Park & Recreation District, Walmart Distribution Center #6065, KidsTLC, JCM Trucking LLC, Vivint Smart Home, and Every Child’s Hope.
All job applicants will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in meet-n-greet sessions with each of the employers
- Participate in 1-on-1 virtual interviews with select employers
- Receive training on effective virtual interviewing techniques
- Receive training about new resume tips and content strategies
- Receive digital training on the use of Zoom and breakout rooms
- Receive access to Goodwill’s online learning platforms for effective job search techniques and how to advance your digital skills
And it’s all FREE!