Paleo Diet: Spicy Paprika & Lime Chicken Recipe
- 900gm chicken tenderloins
- 5 tsps sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper or chill powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Celtic salt or sea salt
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder (you can grind coriander seeds with mortar & pestle)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsps tomato paste
- 2 limes (zest + juice from one lime for the marinade and juice from the second when serving)
- Coconut oil for frying
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Rinse chicken meat and cut larger pieces in half keeping long slices. Using your hands, cover and rub the pieces with the marinade. Cover with cling wrap and set aside for at least one hour before grilling.
- If using a grill plate or a frying pan on your stove, heat one teaspoon of coconut oil until sizzling hot. Fry chicken pieces for 3 minutes on each side and then remove to a plate to rest. Make sure not to overcrowd the frying pan or you will end up with too much meat juice and your dish will become stewed rather than grilled chicken. If using a BBQ, heat the plate to sizzling hot and either spray with olive oil or brush with coconut oil. Place chicken pieces on the plate with a little space in between and cook for 3 minutes on each side on medium/high heat with the lid on.
- Remove cooked chicken to a serving plate and drizzle with more lime juice before serving.
Preparation time: 10 minutes + at least 1 hour marinating time
Cooking time: 15 minutes depending on the size of frying pan/BBQ plate
Number of servings: 5-6