KANSAS CITY, Mo. — In this week’s PRICE CHOPPER KITCHEN recipe, Toni makes a delicious Slow Cooker Italian Sausage & Tortellini Soup.
SERVINGS: 11 cups
PREP TIME: 10M
COOK TIME: 4-8H
· 1 pound ground Italian sausage
· 2 (15.5-ounce) cans no salt added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
· 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
· 2 medium carrots, chopped
· 1 garlic clove, minced
· 1 small white onion, chopped
· 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
· 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
· 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
· 1 (13-ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
· ½ tsp salt
· ½ tsp black pepper
· 2 cups coarsely chopped baby kale
· 1 cup heavy cream
· ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 8 minutes or until browned, breaking up sausage with side of spoon.
2. In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, add beans, tomatoes with their juice, carrots, garlic, onion, broth, lemon juice, seasoning, and sausage with drippings; cover and cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.
3. Stir tortellini, salt and pepper into slow cooker; cover and cook 5 minutes or until tortellini is heated through. Stir in kale and cream; cook 2 minutes or until kale is wilted. Makes about 11 cups.
4. Serve soup sprinkled with cheese
Find this recipe, and great deals, at mypricechopper.com