FOX4 and Goodwill are partnering for a weeklong virtual job fair starting Sept. 28, with more than 6,200 jobs available.
Online registration is now open until Friday, Sept. 25 for job seekers and employers for the Power of Work Job Fair, and it’s all completely free.
Register online by Sept. 25, and you’ll get access to the weeklong hiring event featuring online training, current job listings and a chance to get your resume in front of some of Kansas City’s biggest employers.
The job fair will feature 28 local employers who are looking to hire right now. Among them are:
- Arrow Senior Living
- Boys & Girls of Greater Kansas City
- City Thrift
- FedEx Ground
- First Student
- Heartland Coca-Cola
- Johnson County Park & Recreation District
- Kansas City Composting Inc.
- Pro Staff
- Red Racks Thrift Store
- Synergy Homecare
- Synergy Services
- The Arc of the Ozarks
- TNC Community
Each day of the Power of Work Virtual Job Fair will focus the different parts of the job hunt, including:
- Monday 9/28 Resume Tips and Techniques
- Tuesday 9/29 Online Application Strategies and Tips
- Wednesday 9/30 Interview Preparation
- Thursday 10/1 Employer Q&A Sessions
- Friday 10/2 Follow-up Strategies
Everyone who registers for the free hiring event will receive:
- List of employers who are currently hiring, available positions and how to apply
- Links to employer videos about open positions
- A tutorial on how to access Zoom meetings
- Information about Goodwill’s employment services
- Access to online training opportunities to advance skills and support career development
The previous single-day virtual job fair featured dozens of employers with more than 500 open positions, allowing Goodwill to support hundreds of job seekers with resume tips, interview preparation, online navigation, and connection with hiring managers, resulting in dozens of job placements