Baked Salmon with Herbed Red Pepper Sauce
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup fat-free half-and-half
- 4 (4 oz. each) salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
ALL YOU DO
1. Heat oven to 400◦F. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain, set aside and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in a blender, puree broth, red peppers, Parmesan cheese, parsley, cilantro, cornstarch and garlic until almost smooth. Pour red pepper sauce into a skillet and bring to boil. Reduce heat; stir in half-and-half. Cover and keep warm.
3. Place salmon fillets in a baking dish; sprinkle with lemon juice. Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
4. Divide pasta among 4 serving dishes. Top each with approximately 1/3 cup of the red pepper sauce and a salmon fillet. Spoon on remaining red pepper sauce.
Side suggestion: Serve with steamed broccoli and orange slices.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 460 calories, 9 grams fat, 2.5 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans-fat, 70mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 52 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber, 1 gram sugar, 31 grams protein. Daily Values: 15% vitamin A, 15%, vitamin C, 10% calcium, 30% iron.
Cooking with Cardio Classes from Hy-vee and Saint Lukes.
Classes are only $10 and you just need to call the Hy-Vee store you wish to attend and register.
Feb. 28: Olathe Hy-Vee on 16100 W 135th Street at 5:30 p.m. 913-780-9339
Feb. 29: Mission Hy-Vee on 6655 Martway Street at 6:00 p.m. 913-831-4447