Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Makes 10 servings
- 2 Tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 (7 oz) can of chopped green chiles
- 1 (10 oz) can of beef broth
- 1 (10 oz) can of chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 oz) can chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can ro-tel tomatoes
- 1 can white corn
- 1 can black beans
- 6 corn tortillas cut into bite-sized pieces
- Saute the onions and garlic in the oil until the onions are clear.
- Add the mixture to a crock pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the corn tortillas.
- Cook on the high setting until the mixture boils (around 2 ½ hours).
- Add the bite-sized pieces of corn tortillas and allow the soup to simmer at least one more hour.
- The mixture becomes very thick.
- Garnish with shredded cheese if desired when served.
Nutritional information per one cup of soup (cheese nutrient information not included): Calories 180; Protein 11 g.; Carbohydrate 18 g.; Fat 7 g.; Sodium 1013 mg (this can be significantly reduced by using low sodium products)