Heidi Belle, owner and chef at Fud (pronounced food), has a recipe for Mint Crushed Greens, and talks about how the all organic, vegan restaurant works with only farmer’s markets to get their food.
- 4 C Kale, stem removed and chopped
- 4 C Mustard Greens, chopped
- 1 C Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped
- 1 orange, juiced (may substitute 2-3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- instead of citrus)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced or more for more bite
- 1/3 C Olive Oil, or mix it up with part Flax oil for extra omegas. For
- no oil, sub one whole Avocado
- 1-2 tsp. Mineral Salt (unheated, unprocessed salt)
1. Clean all fresh leaves thoroughly.
2. Add everything to a large mixing bowl.
3. With clean hands gently crush everything together working the
greens into a smooth and tender consistency.
4. Store in glass container to be used in wraps or topped with hemp
seeds, sunflower seeds or goji berries and served as your first course
Click here for more from Fud Restaurant. http://www.eatfud.com