with Kasey Vena from Oak Park Mall KIM does fashion segment with on back to school .
Back To School Styles & Trends – Individuality and freedom to wear what you want are prominent in back to school styles this year! We are seeing a lot of the same wardrobe staples, like denim and graphic tees, but with some influence from the 80s and 90s with a little bit of hipster-grudge and a dash of punk!
Kids – Bold Colors & Graphics
- Looks from Peek by Nordstrom
- Peyton is wearing a lively floral print cotton skirt with a graphic tee in coordinated colors, topped with an olive lightweight cotton jacket with utilitarian appeal and a color-pop heart on the sleeve. She is also wearing a Steve Madden military-inspired leather boot that is a perfect look for fall.
- Owen is wearing blue camo chinos again with some military-inspired style, along with a colorful throwback tee and dark-washed denim jacket, which is a great style for fall. He also has some handsome little chocolate leather chukka boots from Tucker & Tate
- Peyton and Owen are both carrying tin totes perfectly sized for storing supplies or snacks!
- OTHER TRENDS – Ruffles and bright leggings for the girls, and plaid and cardigans for the boys.
Teens – Youthful Rock-and-Roll
- Looks from H&M
- Emma is wearing a mint green skater skirt with a leopard print crop top. Flouncy skirts along with crop tops will continue to be a big trend for teens going into the fall. She has a great denim jacket and ankle boots to make it a perfect look for fall. And of course, because we are going to school, Emma has a faux leather backpack, which has the buckled pockets, which is a huge trend this fall.
- Ethan is wearing a dark grey jogger pant – you are going to see a lot of these for the guys this fall! He keeps it casual with a colorful cotton tee layered with a chambray shirt and simple black sneakers. Blue hues and grey are big trends for the guys this fall as well.
- OTHER TRENDS – Leather, motorcycle jackets and soft pants.
CLICK HERE for these looks and others on Pinterest
- As you are shopping for new Back To School and Fall clothes, don't forget to "Lose Your Blues" and recycle your old denim at Oak Park Mall for the Blue Jeans Go Green Campaign. Check out donation locations and special offers at TheNewOakParkMall.com.