Renee Kelly’s Harvest – Chef Renee Kelly makes neat hand-made gifts.
Sweet Vanilla Sugar Scrub – http://www.thankyourbody.com/sweet-vanilla-sugar-scrub/
- ½ C. Sugar in the Raw
- ½ C. Brown Sugar
- 1/3 C. olive oil
- 2Tbs. Honey
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp vitamin E oil
Coffee Coconut Scrub – http://thecoconutmama.com/2013/03/antioxidant-coffee-body-scrub-with-coconut-oil/
- 1 C. ground coffee
- 1C. Sugar
- ½ C. Coconut oil, melted
- ½ Tbs cinnamon
- 1Tbs. Vanilla extract
mix together and keep in an air tight container
Fire Place bundle:
- 2 oz Rosemary- fresh
- 2 oz Sage- fresh
- Wash all herbs and allow to dry on towels
- Wrap in a verticle bundle with butchers twine- can get it at Westlakes www.westlakehardware.com/
- ½ C. white peppercorn
- ½ C. black peppercorn
- ½ C. pink peppercorn
- 1 ea star anise
- 1/8 C. coriander- whole
Toast the spices over medium high heat in a large sautee pan. Allow to cool, grind in a coffee grinder. Package tightly.
- 1 qt good olive oil- check out the olive tree- www.olivetreekc.com/
- 1 good bunch of rosemary, thyme or sage- washed and dried
- Pack a quart mason jar with the herbs
- Pour olive oil over the top and seal for 14 days, strain into a pretty jar or give with instructions attached.
Hand Rolled Truffles – (Easier than you think)
- 1 lb bitter sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 oz butter
- 1/3 C. heavy cream
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbs chocolate liquor
- 1 C. Cocoa powder for coating the truffles
- In a mixing bowl glass preferable add the 10 oz bittersweet chocolate and the butter. Soften in the microwave for 45 seconds on power level 7. Stir.
- In a sauce pan heat the heavy cream and granulated sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Make sure it does not boil
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and butter and let stand for a 2 minutes. Stir until the chocolate is smooth.
- Add the chocolate liquor and stir.
- Pour on a pan lined with wax paper. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour
- Using a double boiler (pot of water with stainless steal mixing bowl on top) Melt the semi sweet chocolate and temp the chocolate to reach 92 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pull the chocolate out of the refrigerator. Using a melon baller, scoop small balls and form with your hands, drop one at a time into the into desired coating (cocoa powder, chopped nuts or coconut) Let dry and serve.