KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Take a trip back to your childhood and hula hoop to good health.
Personal trainer Liz Kampschroeder showed the latest trend on Tuesday’s FOX 4 Morning Show that’s all about moving your hips — to a smaller waistline.
Benefits of Hula Hooping
- Using weighted hula hoop helps tighten mid section
- Requires tightening core muscles both in the front and sides
- Used in combination with overall resistance training program
- Smaller weighted hoops can be used on arms
Kampschroeder also shared the following recipe for a low fat/low calorie alternative to regular cupcakes.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin-mix together and divide into muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with mini or regular chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 50-75 calories per cupcake (depending on amount of chips you use on each cupcake.)
For more fitness tips, check out Kampschroeder’s website.