Asparagus Topped with Creamy Tarragon Sauce
Makes: 4 Servings | Source: Recipe adapted from Eating Well, Inc.
- 2 bunches asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- ½ cup low-fat plain yogurt6 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 tsp chopped fresh tarragon OR 1 tsp dried tarragon1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cover and refrigerate the sauce for up to 3 days.
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Put asparagus in a steamer basket, cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, tarragon, lemon juice, water, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl
- Drizzle the sauce over the asparagus
- Serve warm or cold.