4 lbs. fresh mussels
Onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. butter
1 bay leaf
1 sprig fresh thyme
1/2 c. dry white wine
Handful of parsley, chopped
- Clean the mussels using cold water.
- In a large pot, soften the onions and fennel over low heat with butter, bay leaf and thyme.
- Add white wine and cleaned mussels.
- Increase the heat to high, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the mussels open. Shake the pot every so often to help the mussels cook evenly.
- Once cooked, remove and discard the thyme, bay leaf and any mussels that have not opened.
- Add the chopped parsley.
- Serve with crusty French loaf bread. Enjoy!
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.
Listen to the podcast where Nick Vasos talks more in depth with the co-owners of AIXOIS Bistro on the player below. Click here to listen to more of the “Signal Hill” podcast.
[protected-iframe id=”f718028215c626bb42ff4fc3ef75ac66-28016812-93361511″ info=”https://art19.com/shows/218f9e0b-9273-476c-8a50-963278bbcb23/episodes/b69a0f5d-744f-4421-893b-4dfb5a336037/embed” scrolling=”no”]