KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- You do it to your hair every day -- blow drying, curling, flat ironing, moose and more hair spray.
While all of those tools and all of that product may help you get the look we want, overuse can cause some serious damage to your hair. But what can you do to protect your hair from style damage, while still ensuring some great hair days to come?
Joey Figueiredo, a makeup artist and stylist with the Daicy Figueiredo salon appeared on Thursday's FOX 4 Morning Show to give pointers on styling and caring for your hair.
He gave these hair tips.
- Use shampoo and conditioners ph range of 4.5 to 5.5
- Spray a leave-in conditioner
- Use a wide tooth comb or a took like a wet brush to gently detangle from ends to the scalp
- Start cold and progressively get warmer while drying
- Stay away from hair sprays and other products that have denatured alcohols, including SD 40 and propylene glycol.
For more of Figueiredo's styling tips or to schedule an appointment, check out his brand new salon online at DaicyFigueiredo.com or give them a call at (913) 488-0145.