KANSAS CITY, Mo. — When you think about grilling season you think beef, pork and chicken, but what about other items?
Ameristar Executive Chef Jerrold Brooks joined Nick Vasos to share some of his favorite and unique grilling ideas that will wow your guests at barbecues this summer.
2- 2 inch meat loaf squares
4- Slices of Bacon
¼ cup- Sriracha ketchup glaze
- Heat and oil grill.
- Place prepared meatloaf on the cool side of the grill and baste with Sriracha ketchup glaze.
- When bacon starts to get crisp, flip meat loaf to the other side. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Continue to cook until thermometer reads 155 degrees.
- Remove from grill and serve with additional glaze.
Grilled glazed donuts
6- Glazed donuts, whatever brand you like
2 Tbsp. white sugar
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1 brick wrapped in foil
1. Preheat and oil grill
2. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar and place on a small plate
3. Brush each side of donut with melted butter
4. Dip each side of the donut in the cinnamon and sugar mixture
5. Place each donut on the grill on the medium heat side and top with the brick
6. Cook for 2 minutes per side or until sugar is caramelized and donut is crispy and toasted
7. Remove from grill and serve warm.