Chicken Taco Soup
All you need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can Hy-Vee no-salt-added black beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can Hy-Vee no-salt-added pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can Hy-Vee corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can Hy-Vee tomato sauce
- 12 ounces beer or chicken broth (alcohol will cook out of the beer)
- 2 (10 ounce each) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hy-Vee taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2%-milk cheddar cheese, optional
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Crushed baked tortilla chips, optional
All you do:
- Mix onion, beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, tomatoes, taco seasoning, cumin, garlic and chicken in a pot. Bring to a boil; then turn down to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips, if desired.
Nutrition facts per serving: 210 calories; 2 g total fat; 0 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 25 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 8 g sugar; 17 g protein; 8 g fiber; 910 mg sodium
Daily values: 15% vitamin A, 15% vitamin C, 8% calcium, 15% iron
Source: Hy-Vee dietitians
Tip: This recipe freezes very well! Divide chicken taco soup into individual freezer-safe containers and take with you to work. Simply defrost and re-heat in the microwave.