This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Slow-Cooker Banana Bread Quinoa
Makes 6 servings (1/2 cup each)
All you need:
- 1 ½ ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup low-fat or fat-free milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
All you do:
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix together walnuts and brown sugar.
- Pour quinoa, milk, water, butter and vanilla into a slow-cooker. Stir in the mashed bananas and walnut mixture.
- Set slow cooker to the LOW setting, and let it cook overnight or 6-8 hours. If needed, add additional liquid or sugar to the mixture to taste.
- Serve warm with additional sliced bananas for garnish if desired.
Recipe adapted from: www.nutritionfor.us