Spicy Carrot Soup
Makes 10 cup servings
1/4 c. coconut oil
2 large onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 lbs. carrots, peeled and cut into 1/8” coins
5 c. chicken bone broth (or vegetable broth for vegan)
1t. ground coriander
1 1/2 T. ground ginger
2 t. cinnamon
2 1/2 t. turmeric
1 t. cumin
1 t. chili flakes (optional)
1/2 – 1 can full fat coconut milk
1 T. lime juice
salt to taste
Cliantro, chopped (for garnish)
1. Melt coconut oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
2. Add onions and carrots and sauté until onions are translucent, about 5-10 minutes.
3. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
4. Pour in broth and add spices.
5. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium low and simmer covered for 25 minutes or until carrots are soft.
6. Let cool and add coconut milk and lime juice.
7. Puree in a blender. Serve topped with chopped cilantro.