Spicy Three-Bean Chickpea Tomato Salad
Makes 16 servings, ¾ cup a serving
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 15-oz. can black beans
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans
- 1 15-oz. can sweet corn
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain chickpeas, beans and corn and place in a large bowl.
- Add onion, tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, garlic and oil, then juice limes over mixture.
- Mix well until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 130; Fat 2 g; Saturated Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 243 mg; Carbohydrates 20 g; Fiber 7 g; and Protein 7 g
(Source: HealthyWaytoCook.com, Dina Shevchenko)