KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Looking for the perfect dinner and dessert combo for your next tailgate? Karli Ritter and chef Matt Chatfield whipped up some BBQ salmon bruschetta and a fruit-filled dessert to keep your taste buds surprised and satisfied.
BBQ salmon bruschetta
- 2 pound whole salmon filet-skin on
- Favorite BBQ spice
- Season salmon filet with BBQ Spice.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, skin side down to start. Cook salmon for 4-5 minutes per side, to medium temperature 137 degrees F, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Reserve to a serving platter.
Chipotle Lime Mayo
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle peppers, minced
- 1teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 3tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt
- In a mixing bowl stir all ingredients together with a whisk until combined.
Heirloom tomato salsa
2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, diced ½ inch
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 red onion, diced ½ inch
2 jalapenos, split and seeded, diced ¼ inch
1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
Salt and pepper
Place tomatoes, garlic, red onion, jalapenos, 1/2 cup of cilantro and lime juice into a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish the salsa with the remaining cilantro.
8 (1/2-inch) thick slices of country bread or baguette
1/4 cup olive oil mixed with 4 cloves crushed garlic
2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
Preheat grill. Brush each slice of bread with the garlic oil. Grill oil-side-down until lightly golden brown. Turn each slice over, and sprinkle black pepper and oregano. Grill till just toasted but not hard.
Raspberry-mango cheesecake bars
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter melted
12 ounces cream cheese softened
8 oz powdered sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
¼ cup raspberry sauce
¼ cup mango sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg. Stir together until it is a crumbly texture.
- Spray with non-stick coating and press the dough into a 9x13 pan.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese for two minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter over the crust in the pan and even it out.
- Now is the decorating part! Draw lines for the logo of your favorite team with the fruit flavored sauces.
- Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool to room temperature for 30 minutes, then refrigerate until ready to serve. Best if made the day before to ease the cutting. Also, use hot running water and a thin knife when cutting this cold.
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days.