KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- We're all looking for ways to save time and fit even more things into our day. Here's a tip to pull some major double duty. Exercise with your entire family. You get your workout in and you get to spend quality time with your loved ones.
Personal trainer Liz Kampschroeder was a featured guest on Tuesday's FOX 4 Morning Show. She gave advice on how family's can exercise together.
- Make it a priority. Plan ahead for times to get together.
- Pick an activitiy everyone can participate in. Be sure it is age appropriate.
- Make the activity unstructured.
- Make it fun! Play for time instead of always having a winner.
- Let different family members choose the activity
- As the holidays approach make sure to set aside quality family time to be active together.
For example, Thanksgiving Day walk or run together before eating. The Kampschroeder family likes to participate in the 24th Annual Thanksgiving 5K & Family Stroll. It will be held on Thursday, Nov. 28 at the Sprint Campus in Overland Park. Just go to http://wwwsportkc.org to register.
For more of Kampschroeder's fall fitness and nutrition tips, check out her website at probodysolutons.com and search for Liz Kampschroeder.