Update: Kansas City police have identified the victim as 28-year-old Derrick Davis. A police spokesman said in an email on Monday that detectives were working on identifying a person of interest in the case and were continuing to speak with witnesses.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A man is dead after a shooting at a residence near 37th Street and Benton Boulevard early Sunday morning.
Police were called to a shooting that happened just before 7:30 a.m. on Aug. 9. Responders found an adult male in his 20s who had a gunshot wound.
Medical responders pronounced the man dead at the scene.
Officers remained at the residence for more than two hours processing evidence and talking people in the area. There is no suspect or motive information at this time.
When asked if agents from Operation LeGend were assisting the investigation, Public Information Officer Sgt. Jake Becchina said federal agents were a part of all of their murder investigations.
If anyone saw or heard anything this morning or has any information they are asked to contact the Homicide Unit directly at 234-5043, or the TIPS Hotline anonymously at 474-TIPS. There is a $25,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in this case.
This is the second homicide investigation in less than 12 hours. Police were called to a double shooting last night, where two people were killed.
- Kansas’ unemployment agency going offline for up to 3 days for security upgrade
- Kansas City, Tampa mayors talk smack, Super Bowl and COVID ahead of game
- Local hospitals stepping up effort to get public vaccinated for COVID-19
- FOX4 Forecast: Gradual improvement on Thursday
- Buccaneer fans set to cheer inside, outside Super Bowl stadium