KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A school-age teenager is dead after an early morning shooting on September 16.
At 3:55 a.m., a man drove up to the QuikTrip at E. Truman Road and Winchester Avenue with the juvenile who had been shot. He reported the shooting to an off-duty police officer who was there at the time.
The victim was soon transported to a nearby hospital, where the he soon died.
He was later identified as 16-year-old Anthony Strassle.
Police believe the shooting happened on Freemont between Truman Road and 15th Terrace, south of the gas station. Detectives are still interviewing neighbors and gathering information.
No suspect information has been released at this time.
Police ask anyone who may have heard or seen anything to contact homicide detectives directly at 234-5043 or the TIPS Hotline anonymously at 474-TIPS. There is a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to an arrest in this case.
This is Kansas City’s 141st homicide in 2020. There were 111 by this time last year and 93 the year before.
Police are on scene investigating. FOX4 has a reporter at the scene, and we will update this story as more information is made available.
- In-person classes delayed another month for Gardner-Edgerton as JoCo remains in ‘red zone’ for COVID-19
- KC man charged in connection with shooting of 4-year-old girl at city park
- One person killed in two-vehicle crash at 59th and Noland Road
- FBI opens civil rights investigation into deadly police shooting of Overland Park teen
- Weekend rain is on the way to quench our recent drought