KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A teenager is dead and another is seriously injured after a shooting in the Armourdale neighborhood early in the morning on Aug. 25, according to a statement from the Kansas City, Kansas Police Department.
Officers responded to the 900 block of S. 11th Street on reports of a shooting at 12:43 a.m. When they arrived, they found a male in his late teens with a gunshot wound.
He was transported to the hospital in serious but stable condition, according to the statement.
Nearly six hours later, police got another call reporting a second shooting victim. Officers found another teenage male, also in his late teens, dead in an alley. He has been identified as 18-year-old Cristian Ramo-Quezada.
Police told FOX4 that they believe both victims are related to the same shooting.
There is no word on a suspect at this time.
Police ask anyone with information to call the TIPS hotline at 816-474-TIPS (8477).
- Funeral assistance coming for Missourians who lost loved ones to COVID-19
- LIVE UPDATE: 8 people dead, multiple victims shot at Indianapolis FedEx facility; shooter dead
- Weird recipe: Popcorn snap pea salad
- Shaky Royals bullpen hangs on for 7-5 win over Blue Jays
- Kylr Yust Trial Live Blog: Yust to be sentenced for the deaths of 2 metro women