Baby Lisa’s Parents Call Cops on Tina Porter


Lisa Irwin’s family leaves with family consultant, Bill Stanton, to an unknown location.

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The day started with Kansas City attorney Cyndy Short being taken off the case. It ended with the parents of baby Lisa calling the cops on Tina Porter and Bill Stanton whisking the family away to an unknown location.

As the investigation stretched into its 25th day, Tina Porter reached out to Lisa’s parents, Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, to offer her help. She wasn’t welcomed.

“I said, ‘I’m Tina Porter, I want to speak to Jeremy and Deborah,” Porter said. The response she got: “Well, you can go through their attorney.”

Porter’s kids, Sam and Lindsey, were missing for three years. She searched high and low and talked to anyone who would listen. Tina’s ex-husband eventually led police to their bodies.

Porter was only at the home for seconds before she was turned away. And the line about the attorney didn’t go over well with her.

“Are you kidding me? That’s who got them in this mess,” she said. “They don’t need a damn attorney.”

Ironically, Lisa’s parents have one less attorney now. There’s speculation Kansas City-based attorney, Cyndy Short, was fired by New York-based attorney Joe Tacopina. But Short would only confirm she’s no longer working with them.

“It just doesn’t make sense,” Porter said. “She’s a fantastic lawyer.”

Defense attorney Matt O’Connor admits he doesn’t have anything to do with the case, but as a professional, a father and a member of the Kansas City community, he has a strong opinion.

“Once again, instead of ‘where’s the child, what happened,’ we’re talking about who her lawyer is? Really? That’s sad,” he said.

As for Porter, she said she feels each day this continues, more and more people are pulling away.

“When this is all over and said and done, and whatever happens with Lisa, if they expect the community to wrap their arms around them, I think they got another thing coming,” she said.

After that statement, Porter left. A couple minutes later the police pulled up, at the request of Lisa’s family.

Police asked FOX 4 crews what happened and they told them that Porter had left after trying two times to speak with the family. After the porch light was turned off, she was discouraged from any more attempts.

Police then left and shortly after, family consultant Bill Stanton showed up. A few minutes later he and others packed up a minivan. Once that was done, Jeremy Irwin, Deborah Bradley, their two boys and other family members left in a caravan to an unknown location.

Police are asking anyone with information to call the TIPS Hotline at 816.474.TIPS.



More News