This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Former Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid appeared in court for a criminal setting hearing Thursday for the crash that left a 5-year-old with critical injuries.

Reid appeared via video conference with attorney J.R. Hobbs and requested his bond be altered.

“We were hoping the court might consider a verbal request to have Mr. Reid’s bond condition changed from no driving to driving with an interlock device,” Hobbs said.

An interlock device is a breathalyzer that has to be blown into before starting a car and while driving. If there is alcohol detected, the car will not start.

Prosecutors asked for more time to make a decision on the revision to discuss with the victim’s family.

“The state would ask that we not bring that up today on account of the fact that we would need to discuss that with the victims in this matter,” Jackson County Assistant Prosecutor Lauren Berry said.

The judge agreed and set a hearing for Monday, June 7, at 2 p.m. where Reid will be arraigned.

Victims have a right to weigh in on certain decisions during court cases and the judge will consider their feelings when making her decision.

Police say Reid was drunk when he left the Chiefs’ practice facility three days before the team was set to play in Super Bowl LV. His blood alcohol level registered .113 two hours after he crashed.

Hobbs and Reid additionally requested to waive a preliminary hearing, which the judge is expected to waive.

On Feb. 4, police say Reid, son of Chiefs head coach Andy Reid, was driving a white Dodge Ram Laramie and crashed into the back of a Chevrolet Traverse while changing lanes onto the on ramp to southbound Interstate 435 from Stadium Drive. Ariel and another 4-year-old were inside the vehicle.

The driver of the Traverse was assisting a family member who ran out of gas in a Chevrolet Impala and was stalled on the side of the road.

Court documents say Reid was at work on that night and his blood alcohol content was measured at .113. The documents also said he was driving 82 mph in a 65 mph zone.

Reid is no longer employed by the Chiefs and the NFL is conducting a review and investigation into the incident.

Reid admitted he had two to three drinks and has an Adderall prescription.

Young was transported from the crash with life-threatening injuries. According to Tiffany Verhulst, who has been providing updates via a GoFundMe page for the 5-year-old, Ariel returned home in April after roughly two months in the hospital.

On April 12, Jackson County prosecutors charged Reid with DWI and he surrendered to police. His attorney released a statement after his initial appearance before the court.

“Mr. Reid voluntarily appeared before the court for his initial appearance and was released on conditions of bond. A status conference will be set in the future as is customary. There will be no further comment at this time.”

Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said she would be vigorously pursuing the case and seek justice for all victims in a series of tweets after Reid was released on bond.