WENTZVILLE, Mo. — An attempted carjacking was foiled when the victim drew a gun of her own, and then police arrested three teens and an 11-year-old.
Wentzville Police said the confrontation happened around 7:30 a.m. Saturday morning in a parking lot in the 1900 block of Wentzville Parkway.
Police said the victim reported that she noticed four people nearby while she was seated in her vehicle before a teenage boy approached and demanded her vehicle at gunpoint.
Police said the woman pulled her own firearm and refused to leave her vehicle. That prompted the teen with the gun and the other three suspects to flee.
After officers arrived, they arrested a 17-year-old, two 15-year-olds and an 11-year-old.
Authorities said one of the 15-year-olds had a firearm and he was charged with attempted robbery. The other three were charged with conspiracy to commit robbery.
- Lineup: This is how Sporting Kansas City will take the field for the season opener against New York Red Bulls
- Carlos Santana becomes fourth active player with 1,000 career walks
- Super Bowl champion and Jackson County legislator Fred Arbanas dead at 82, reports say
- One person dead after car crashes into semi-truck in construction zone near Worlds of Fun
- Matz marvels as Jays beat Royals 5-1 in doubleheader opener