ST, LOUIS, Mo. — A man is facing charges for allegedly stealing a cellphone from a collapsed jogger who was dying on a St. Louis sidewalk.
Brian Davenport, 35, was arrested Monday and is charged with felony stealing, authorities said. He does not yet have a listed attorney.
The 64-year-old jogger collapsed around 1 p.m. Oct. 18 in the city’s Soulard neighborhood, police said. Davenport was arrested after surveillance video showed a man getting out of a van, taking the phone and leaving the woman on the sidewalk.
The woman later died at a hospital. Officials have not released her name yet.
- KCK schools put off in-person for 4 months due to high positivity rate
- US says ready for domestic shipment of COVID-19 vaccines, details tentative plan for distribution
- University of Missouri ending snow days in the wake of virtual learning
- Popular Kansas City restaurant Red Door Grill opening 2 more locations
- CASA needing toys for foster kids as donations fall, case load rises amid pandemic