ORANGE BEACH, Ala. — Hurricane Sally has ravaged the Gulf Coast. One of the hardest hit areas is Orange Beach, WKRG reported.
Drone video from the area shows the astounding level of damage, Sally proving incredible devastation along the coast. The boats in the video seen above belong at condos much further up the beach. The winds were so strong, hardly any boats left out are not displaced or damaged.
The damage is incredibly wide spread. People who live at nearby condos lost boats of their own. All agreed they did not expect Hurricane Sally to move this far east and certainly were not expecting this long of a recovery process.
“After a while you don’t want to see the damage anymore,” Robert Quinn, who lost a boat, said. “You look out your condo and instead of seeing a beautiful bunch of boats riding by and everybody having fun, you see tons of wood, you see all that kind of stuff which makes it totally depressing. Right now, it’s fun. Have a beer, have a drink. Have a good sandwich, talk. A couple days, that fun’s over.
Thousands remain without power along the coast. The governor is asking everyone to exercise patience and avoid returning to flooded areas.
- ‘No more I love yous’: Jessica Runions’ father tells jurors during emotional statement
- Kylr Yust’s sentencing explained: How 2 charges could add up
- Gutter Giveaway with Gutter Cover of Kansas City
- ‘If a person does stuff, they’re gonna do it again’: Jessica Runions’ mother speaks to jury ahead of sentencing
- Star witness in Harvey Weinstein case breaks her silence