Fire department confirms house fire caused by fireworks

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — KCFD were called to a house fire near 34th and Bales early this morning.  When they arrived they found the home engulfed in flames.  The 72-year-old resident was able to get out of the house unharmed, while firefighters began the battle to save his home.  Despite their best efforts, the firefighters were ordered out of the building, due to concerns of collapse of the house.

Two firemen were taken to the hospital to check out their minor injuries but are expected to be okay.  The house is a total loss and investigators have confirmed that fireworks were the cause of this house fire.

KCFD have responded to five calls regarding fireworks overnight.

Popular

Latest

More News