AUSTIN, Texas — Dew you feel like having a margarita?
Mountain Dew recently announced its “Dewgarita,” a new green drink being served at Red Lobster chain restaurants — the soda brand says the drink pairs well with Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
In a recipe broken down by Claire Lower, of LifeHacker, the Dewgarita can be made at home like this:
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 ounce Mountain Dew syrup, which can be made by pouring 1 cup of Mountain Dew into a sauce pan and bringing it to a boil, then a simmer and then allow the soda to reduce to 1/4 a cup. Chill.
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
Glasses can be rimmed with salt or Tajín seasoning for an even further sweet-salty taste.
- Fox 4 Forecast: Fall Comes Back!
- KU Hospital expanding ICU as COVID-19 cases continue to rise
- KCK police find body of 26-year-old man who had been missing for over a week
- Michigan church linked to at least 58 confirmed cases of COVID-19
- UPDATE: Police say missing 84-year-old Leawood man returned home safe