The final new “Jeopardy!” episodes hosted by Alex Trebek aired this week, with memorable highlights, and a fitting tribute to the legendary gameshow host following the last episode on Friday.
The show provided the tribute via its YouTube page, which you can replay on this page.
The beloved host died of pancreatic cancer on Nov. 8 at age 80.
Trebek, who had been candid about his condition, worked up until 10 days before he died, soldiering on despite debilitating treatments and the disease’s toll.
It was unexpected that the episodes taped in late October would be his final ones, Sony said. Trebek had been fighting the disease for nearly two years.
Veteran “Jeopardy!” champion Ken Jennings will take over as guest host starting on Jan. 11. A permanent host has yet to be announced.
- LIVE: DC parade celebrates iconic civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.
- Newsfeed Now: US Capitol temporarily locked down, terminally ill man gets matching tattoos with strangers
- Patrick Mahomes’ plan to renew interest in Kansas City’s Civil Rights history
- Joe’s Weather Blog: A pretty quiet week till the weekend (MON-1/18)
- Kansas City doctor describes concussions after Mahomes sidelined