LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. — A female victim is dead and another victim is injured after an early morning shooting in an apartment, according to a statement from the Lee’s Summit Police Department.
Emergency responders were called to the 500 block of NE Howard Avenue at 7 a.m. on Dec. 15 in response to a reported shooting. When officers arrived, they found the two victims in an apartment.
The female victim was already dead.
A male victim was taken to the hospital. He reportedly has minor, non-life-threatening injuries.
Police believe the incident was contained to the people inside the apartment at the time. Detectives are not seeking additional suspects, according to the LSPD statement.
FOX4 has a crew going to the scene to find out more information. This story will be updated when we learn more.
- Dr. Randall Williams steps down as Missouri’s health director
- FOX4 Forecast: Freeze Warning for the metro tonight
- Missouri bill aims to increase penalties for porch pirates
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for tweet on Chauvin verdict
- Canadian National bids $33.7B for Kansas City Southern, tops $25B proposal