Officials identify elderly man who died in fire at Grandview home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

GRANDVIEW, Mo. -- A man in his 80s is dead following a house fire in Grandview Saturday.

According to the Grandview Fire Department, crews went inside the home along West 155th Street to make sure everyone got out, but found 85-year-old Troy Shankles' body inside. Shankles was the only one home at the time of the fire.

The fire chief says the fire started around 8 p.m. and is now under control. Fire investigators believe discarded smoking materials started the fire, but there is no official cause yet.

A neighbor told FOX 4 Shankles lived at the home loved his neighborhood and had lived there for about 60 years. The home did not have working smoke detectors.



More News