This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

JOHNSON COUNTY, Kan. — Prosecutors filed charges on Tuesday against two men they believe kidnapped and sexually assaulted a Johnson County sheriff’s deputy late Friday night.

William Luth and Brady Newman-Caddell are both charged with aggravated kidnapping, two rape charges each and aggravated sodomy in connection to the case.

William Luth, and Brady Newman-Caddell are suspected in the kidnapping and rape of a Johnson County sheriff's deputy.
William Luth, and Brady Newman-Caddell are suspected in the kidnapping and rape of a Johnson County sheriff’s deputy.

Prosecutors have requested that their bond be set at $1-million. Both suspects waived extradition and were returned to Johnson County on Tuesday night. Both are in the jail and await arraignment on Wednesday.

Luth is from Blue Springs, Mo., and he is 24-years old. Newman-Caddell is from Independence and is 21-years old. FOX 4 is working to obtain mugshots of both men. According to records, Luth is married and a car matching the description of the suspects’ is registered to Luth’s wife.

A tip led detectives to Luth and Newman-Caddell. The sheriff’s office also said they have located the vehicle they believed was used in the incident.

No further details have been released.

The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office announced in a news conference Monday they were offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrests of two men who ambushed, kidnapped and sexually assaulted a female sheriff’s deputy late Friday night.

Authorities say the kidnappers followed the victim, a Johnson County Sheriff’s deputy, who had worked at the department for about six months, from a QuikTrip at E. Santa Fe and South Ridgeview to the central booking facility at 101 Kansas Avenue where the abduction occurred at about 11:30 p.m. The victim was released between 1 and 1:30 a.m. on NE Todd George Parkway in the area of I-470 and Woods Chapel Road where she was instructed to keep her head covered while they sped away.

She then walked north until reaching the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office in Lee’s Summit where she got help.

Captain Brian Hill revealed Monday that the office submitted biological evidence toCODIS that returned two separate male DNA profiles, though IDs hadn’t been established yet.

There’s no evidence that the men knew the victim prior to the attack, but there was likely planning involved.

“I do believe there was some planning premeditation for lack of a better word on carrying out this horrific act,” said Capt. Brian Hill, lead investigator in the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office.

Sheriff Frank Denning will be holding a news conference at 9 a.m., Wednesday regarding the case.

On Tuesday, Sheriff Denning was asked about the victim.

“She has been able to help with the investigation. She has a lot of support from family. She has a lot of support here from the Sheriff’s office. There are many who have been in touch with her. And all things considered She’s doing okay,” Denning said.

FOX 4 will continue to cover the case and bring you the latest as details are confirmed.