Fists fly between Chiefs, Raiders fans at Arrowhead, fan calling it ‘most intense’ fight he’s seen


Courtesy: On Twitter
Fried @ForFriedom

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Some people are still feeling the impact of Thursday night's Chiefs-Raiders game, and it's not just because of the cold; it's because of a wild brawl that broke out in the stands. Video of the brawl is being seen worldwide, and leaving a blemish on a good football game.

The video shows rowdy fans -- representing both the Chiefs and Raiders -- fighting in the stadium's upper deck. One Chiefs fan told FOX 4's Sean McDowell it was the most intense fight he's ever seen. As many as 10 fans started kicking and punching, and even throwing people over rows of seats.

Tempers flared during the closing moments of the clash at Arrowhead Stadium. The fisticuffs were exactly what Jason Fried was counting on seeing.

"I knew this was going to happen. It's why I bought the ticket. I wanted to be the person recording the video that made it," Fried explained.

Tickets to Thursday's game were easy to come by online -- after the weather turned frigid. Fried says he noticed several fights around his seat in Section 304. That's why he had his phone ready.

His video clip shows fans swinging on one another -- and pushing one another crashing over sections of seats.

"They opened the gates at noon. Everyone in the parking lot was drinking. There's bad blood. Teams fighting for first place. Just a bad combo," Fried said.

Fried says fans were well-sauced by the time the game wrapped up -- and the fight broke out.

"Nobody's really in the right. Raiders game. Big rivalry. Eight dollars to drink before the gates open. That's probably cause for disaster.

Another fan named Devin was there. He didn't want FOX 4 to use his last name, but he says it's what he expected between two groups of fans who don't get along.
"I turned around and there's about three Oakland fans on top of a Chiefs fan. Instinctively, everyone hopped in to save the Chiefs fan. We wanted to make sure he wasn't left alone in the situation," Devin said.

Kansas City police say three people were arrested at Arrowhead on Thursday-- but there were no reports of injuries. FOX 4 reached out to the Chiefs' public relations office -- but the team declined to comment.


Tracking Coronavirus

More Tracking Coronavirus



More News